Friday, October 23, 2009

Wine Finder Friday - Fan's Choice

I'm excited to announce the very first Fan's Choice guest blog on Wine Finder Friday! My first guest is Eric McMillan, a friend, co-worker, and most notably a wine buddy and trusted palate when it comes to great vino. I want to thank Eric for his review and selection this week.

2007 Carmenere, Casa Silva Reserva (picture shows ‘03) from the Colchagua Valley region of Chile

Review

In my opinion, Casa Silva Reserva is one of THE BEST $10.00 bottles of wine I’ve ever had! I seriously mean that! When savored, it drinks like a dark chocolate covered plum. It’s light enough to drink in the afternoon but bold enough to enjoy with a delicious meal. I would have to say it’s a Chilean version of a cross between an “Old Vine” Zinfandel and a lighter bodied Cabernet Sauvignon.

Where to purchase

Although I discovered this when I was at Bin 36 (http://www.bin36.com/) - a great wine bar in Chicago - while enjoying some sarvecchio, I also found it at Binny’s (http://www.binnys.com/) for $9.99. Make sure to call your local wine store to confirm they carry this selection as I found not all locations carry it.

It's Friday... (a little late, I know!), so raise your glass and enjoy!

Cash in the Couch

No comments:

Post a Comment