Friday, September 25, 2009

Wine Finder Friday


Welcome to the first of many Wine Finder Friday posts - great wines under $12.99.


The inaugural selection is Tres Ojos Old Vines Grenacha, a staple varietal from the Calatayud region of Spain. Commonly found under $10, this delicious fruit forward wine is a steal! You'll find hints of tart raspberry and red berry with a touch of spice...this wine goes far beyond the traditional Grenacha flavor. You can buy it online or at your local wine store like Binny's Beverage Depot (http://www.binnys.com/) in Chicagoland.


On a side note...


Since you are probably wondering... 'WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO THIS GUY ABOUT WINE?'. Well, since 2003 I've been enamoured with learning about wine. It started back in college when visiting friends studying abroad in France, Italy and Spain where my love for wine took flight. My interest expanded with a trip to Napa Valley where I began to understand the difference between good and not so good wine.


As with everything I do, I decided to find the best value - it's all about more for less with me. I've been tasting wines from all over the world, all under $12.99 (I'm not rich, you know!) and found some spectacular wines - some that drink to well over a $30 bottle. So don't think that you have to spend $50 to find a great tasting wine.


I hope you enjoy trying some of my recommended selections. So raise your glass, and enjoy!


Cash in the Couch


No comments:

Post a Comment