Friday, October 2, 2009

Wine Finder Friday



This week, I'm going to give a shout-out to my friend and co-worker Eric for leading me into this delicious 2005 Shiraz by Rosemount Estates, typically under $9.99. Found in most retailers and grocery stores, this wine is a staple in my home cellar. The first nose is full of berry and spice. It finishes with a warm, smooth coating of American Oak.

I recommend the 2005 over the 2006 vintage, but 2006 is no slouch. As with most red wines worldwide, 2005 was an unbelievable weather year for wine.

I recommend pairing this wine with a thick cut of steak, mesquite pork chop or a collection of Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Add a zesty vinaigrette dressing to mixed vegetable and lettuce salad and you have a dynamite meal that's sure to impress!

So raise your glass, and enjoy!

Cash in the Couch





No comments:

Post a Comment